Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Creating Impact!

What did Henry Ford, Albert Einstein, and Thomas Jefferson have in common?

Each of these well known people understood and worked with the power of the mind. Each understood and successfully utilized the unlimited power of their mind. And each understood that one cannot solve a problem by using the conscious (thinking) part of the mind. I believe it was Einstein who said that one cannot solve a problem with the same part of the mind that created the problem.

Each of these people had no greater a mind than you and I have! What made the difference for them (and many other successful people) is they knew about how the mind works and put it to good use to achieve their goals.

Those of you who have worked with me know that my specialty is all about the power of the mind. When we are calm and relaxed we leave behind the conscious or thinking mind, and enter the magical creative world of the subconscious mind. Knowing how to become calm and relaxed is a key to controlling your mind and thus your life circumstances.

An interesting and powerful principle of the mind is that the subconscious mind listens and obeys what your conscious mind thinks about. It will produce results! It may take time (or not) but it will happen. That is what the popular book "The Secret" was trying to say.

So if you are thinking about all the hype in the news now in reference to the gloom and doom of the economy, guess what? The subconscious mind believes and follows thru like an obedient servant. Fear is created and we magnetize more negative events to ourselves. Then we react to these negative events with more negative thinking and maybe even toss in creating a little depression. The downward spiral can be endless. (But so can the upward spiral!)

Or we can turn off the television set and focus on something that is more positive and meaningful. Remember, what you focus on grows. It may take time, but the way the Universal laws work, I guarantee it will grow, just like seeds in a garden. This is the Law of Manifestation. Thoughts create. Energy follows thought.

Years ago, before I studied and began to understand these concepts, I had a really powerful and potentially dangerous circumstance that demonstrated them beyond a doubt. I was on my way to my therapist's office. I had been working on understanding my family of origin or FOO in therapist shorthand. Before I go any further, please be very careful in the therapist you choose. You can e mail me if you want any tips and pointers. d.buechler@yahoo.com

Now this misguided therapist was a big believer in the expression of emotion in order to release it. I thought I was sad about my FOO but she pointed out that I was angry and that I needed to focus and concentrate on this anger in order to release it. Being young and well, dumb when it comes to these things, I listened to her expert advice.

So there I was on my way to my appointment and I realized I had not done my homework! So driving along I whipped myself into the "I feel angry" mode. I needed to release that anger just as my therapist had directed! So right there at the intersection of Mason and Military....
POW BOOM CRRRAAAASSSSHHHHH!

Yes, I was involved in an accident.... and it was not my fault. A guy in an oncoming car made a left turn directly into my path and crashed into me.

But, in another way, it was of my doing. Why? Think about it.

What we focus on grows. What we think about creates. Feelings are magnificently ( or horribly) powerful!!! What we focus on, especially in a concentrated manner, creates quite rapidly due to that concentration of energy. Remember in a prior blog I wrote about things both visible and invisible being at their core, energy. Energy operates in a universal manner. What we put out comes back to us. I wonder if the guy in the other car was practicing getting in touch with his anger!

In a future blog I will share with you another powerful experience that had to do with the power of thoughts and how they create... it is much more positive in nature... I still tear up thinking about it.

Until then,
May your thoughts be loving and kind,

Peace and love,
Dr. DyAnn

visit my web page at: buechlertherapy.com




No comments: